Answering Your Greenhouse Gardening Questions
If the idea of all year home gardening really appeals to you, then you’re definitely going to want to learn more about greenhouse gardening. A greenhouse gives you the ability to take your desire to work with all year gardening to its fullest potential.
Greenhouses give you the flexibility to enjoy gardening whenever you want. So whether you really do want to garden all year, or if you simply want to extend a specific growing season, a greenhouse is going to be able to give you what you’re looking for.
Greenhouse Gardening Basics
With backyard greenhouse kits, you can have a secure, warm environment that will allow your plants to enjoy year-round growth. A good greenhouse can also give you a certain element of control over the type of gardening experience you have. Since you can garden all throughout the year with greenhouses, you don’t have to try and plan everything around the weather.
You can also use a greenhouse to get a head start on the growing season. For example, if it is advantageous to plant your tomatoes a little early to the actual start of the season, a greenhouse can let you take advantage of early planting. Simply set things up in the greenhouse, and then move them to the actual garden as needed. With greenhouses, a lot of really neat things are possible.
Our Quick Greenhouse Gardening FAQ
Here are some quick answers to some of the most common questions concerning greenhouse gardening:
- What is a greenhouse’s ideal temp? You’re going to want to hit a spot between 75-85 degrees during the day, and then somewhere between 60-75 at night.
- Is it hard to maintain a greenhouse? Not at all! Washing tables and benches with soapy water on a regular basis is a good idea. Eliminate weeds and other undesirables growing around the greenhouse, and use ladybugs or spiders to deal with pests.
- How exactly does this all work? Greenhouses are constructed from glass, which allows the plants to take advantage of consistent exposure to a beneficial light source.
- What can I grow? Tomatoes, onions, French beans, peppers, and chilies are just a few examples.
- Do greenhouses benefit the environment? Absolutely. They play a crucial role in managing greenhouse gases.
Start A Greenhouse
If all of this sounds great, then you’re definitely ready for this staple of all year home gardening. With all year gardening and greenhouses, your next step will be to visit a local garden supplies store.